I have a love for dark chocolate and peanut butter and when combined I feel like no two flavours compliment each other better than these two faithful love birds. This recipe came about while I was making a batch of Salted Caramel Sauce for the house (yes, I keep homemade salted caramel sauce in my fridge like most of you keep butter or eggs in your fridge. Don’t judge me). In the process of making this decadent beauty, I landed up making a dark chocolate muffin batter and decided to add Chunky peanut butter into it. Don’t ask me how these actions and thoughts came along cause I wouldn’t be able to tell you. Ever hear the saying, “don’t question the madness of a genius”?
PS: Not saying I’m a genius.
However, once I ate these babies warm out of the oven with some almond milk, the flavours were so delicious and indulgent it only seemed right that this recipe must be a part of my Festive Flavours this Holiday Season. Love it with a passion. As my friends on JWB (Jaipur Women Blog) say the flavour of these muffins last longer than its name 🙂
Happy Reading and Baking!
- Flour – 175gm
- Cocoa powder – 75gm
- Baking powder – 2tsp
- Coffee – ½ tsp
- Choco Chips – handful
- Eggs – 2 nos
- Butter – 125gm
- Brown sugar – 100gm
- Castor sugar – 75 gm
- Milk – 180 ml
- Salt – pinch
Peanut Butter Filling:
- Peanut butter – 4tbsp
- Butter – 2tsp
- Whipping cream – 4 tbsp
- Icing sugar – 4tsp
Salted Caramel Sauce:
- Sugar – 100gm
- Butter – 25gm
- Whipping cream – 50ml
- Sea salt – 1tsp
- Preheat oven and sift all dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream butter and add sugars and cream until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and mix until combined.
- Warm milk and add coffee powder, stir until dissolved.
- Using a spatula fold the dry ingredients, choco chips and wet ingredients into the cream mixture until combined but don’t over-mix.
Peanut butter filling:
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until combined and transfer to a piping bag and set aside.
- In a lined muffin tray, spoon half-way through with the muffin batter, and pipe a dollop of the peanut butter mixture, spoon over some more muffin batter making sure not to over fill the case.
- Bake at 180 ° C for 15-16 mins until risen and cracked at the top.
Salted Caramel Sauce:
- While the muffins are baking, make the sauce, In a saucepan, add sugar and let it melt until dark brown on low heat.
- Add butter and let it sizzle, add cream and let it boil and bubble. Once done take off heat add salt and leave to cool for at least 1 hour. Spoon sauce over muffins when eating.
Annika’s Xmas. Get ur Santa on!
Food is love. Food is life. Kill em with kindness. Happy days. Positive Ninja Vibes.