What should I join the session?
You will learn how to make a classic sugar cut out cookie that holds its shape while it bakes allowing you to bake any holiday themed shapes like snowman, Santa hat, stocking, trees, etc. Apart from this we will also cover the aspect of decoration and how to make the attractive using royal icing that sets hard, making for an artistic cookie but adds a great snap as well. Hang these on your Christmas tree this year and see how long they will last. The class will be divided into 3 parts:
- The sugar cookie
- Royal icing
- Learn how to make a classic sugar cookie
- Ingredients and their role
- Equipment needed
- Preparation methods (creaming, folding, rolling, cutting, baking)
- Coloring cookie dough
- Cooking methods (oven)
- Learn how to make Royal Icing at home
- Ingredients and their role with eggless substitute
- Equipment needed
- Preparation method and coloring icing
- Consistency based on the need of icing
- Storage of icing
- Learn how to decorate your cookies
- Piping basics (how to use a piping bag, nozzles, colors etc)
- Interesting basic cookie decoration ideas
What am I paying for?
>A seat at the Christmas Cake Live Zoom session where I will show you how to make each component step by step and provide pro tips along the way.
> As a student of the class you can ask me questions through out to clarify any doubts along the way, you could also show me your product if you are baking along with me. Or else you can watch the session and bake at your leisure.
>Workbook of session content including image based references per step, list of ingredients and necessary equipment, technical definitions, detailed recipe information and tips
>A bonus Christmas recipe (Note: this will not be made during the class but will be an additional detailed recipe for you to bake at your leisure)
>The session will be recorded on zoom hence I will have it sent over at the earliest, so you will have the session to review at any time