These cookies are packed with corn and ticks all the boxes of sweet, salty and savory. Fit for dessert or tea time but they store and travel well making for delicious snacks for anytime, anywhere.
Large mixing bowl
Cookie scoop (optional)
- 90 gm Butter
- 20 gg Margarine shortening
- 100 gm Castor sugar
- 50 gm Light brown sugar
- 1 small Egg
- 160 gm Flour
- 15 gm Corn flour
- 40 gm Corn meal
- 15 gm Cornflakes (crushed)
- 30 gm Sweet corn fresh
- 5 gm Baking soda
- 8 gm Baking powder
- Cornflakes to roll the cookie dough before baking
Preheat the oven to 180℃, line a cookie sheet/baking tray with baking paper.
Cream the butter and margarine together until light a creamy. About 2 mins.
Add the sugars are beat again until fluffy and pale. About 4 mins.
Add the egg and beat until well combined.
Add all the dry ingredients and stir together until you have a smooth dough.
Using an ice cream scoop portion the dough onto the baking tray. At this stage you can roll he cookie dough in corn flakes before baking.
Bake 6 at a time for 10-12 mins.
Remove from the baking tray and leave to cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cooled.
- You can use brown sugar all the way however they will look darker once baked.
- You don’t have to roll the cookies in cornflakes before baking but they add a delicious crunch with each bite.
- If you have an electric hand beater you can use it to cream the fat and sugar together.
- In stead of the corn meal you can use freeze dried corn (but you will have to make this) or you can blend up raw popcorn kernels until it is a fine powder.
- You will need a spice grinder or coffee grinder to make it. You can also blend cornflakes until it is coarse and use that instead.
- If you want to amp up the corn flavor you can toast the corn flakes.
- You can add half the salt into the dough and sprinkle the top with sea salt flakes.
- Recipe Inspiration: Christina Tosi (Milk Bar)