Haldi Doodh also known as Golden milk, also known as Turmeric latte is a simple immune boosting healthy hot drink that is delicious. This recipe is rooted in Ayurveda which stems from India.
Medium sauce pot
- 1 cup Full fat milk
- 1 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Honey
- 4 pcs Cardamom pods
- 1/2 inch pc Cinnamon stick
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg freshly grated
- 1/2 inch pc of Ginger fresh
- 3 pcs Peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp Coconut oil/butter
- 2 scoop Collagen
Optional: if you are adding ginger and peppercorns you can add them at this stage.
Optional: if you are adding collagen and coconut oil/butter, this is the time you can add it. Blend or whisk the mixture until it is frothy. Pour into cups and serve while it is still hot.
- If using dairy free milk, do not bring the mixture to a boil as this will split/curdle the mixture. Let it simmer on low heat until the spices have infused and the flavors have gotten combined into the milk.
- You can adjust the sweetness as per your choice.
- If you are using fresh turmeric root, use the same amount, grate it and start by cooking the grated root in the sauce pot first for 2 minutes. Then add the rest of the ingredients and follow the recipe as mentioned.