No Milk Hot Chocolate
Rich, creamy and delicious. This hot chocolate recipe has cocoa, dark chocolate, water and tahini. A warming drink to get things heated on Valentines Day.
Small sauce pot
- 1 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp Dark Chocolate 70%
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- Pinch of Salt
- Sesame seeds
In a sauce pan on medium heat add the water and cocoa powder. Whisk until there are no lumps. Bring to a boil and add the dark chocolate. Whisk together until melted. Leave the mixture to boil for 5 mins until it has reduced.
Take off the heat and add the tahini and vanilla. Whisk together. If you are adding any other flavors like Brandy now is the time to do so.
If you want a little froth on the top whisk the mixture vigorously either with a whisk or a milk frother. Pour into your mug, top with a little salt and sesame seeds. Serve hot or cold with some ice.
- Whisk the cocoa into the water well before it boils to avoid ad lumps.
- Be patient, let the mixture boil and reduce for 5 mins as this will thicken it up.
- Whisk the tahini off the heat as this needs to emulsify into the hot chocolate, which creates the creaminess.
- If you want more hot chocolate inspiration , check out this recipe.