No Bake Chocolate Tahini Tart
This no bake tart has a crunchy chocolate biscuit base with a silky smooth dark chocolate filling that is topped with whipped cream and tahini. A simple dessert but elegant and delicious.
- 300 gm Chocolate biscuits
- 1/3 cup Butter melted
- Pinch of salt
- 240 ml Whipping cream
- 340 gm Dark chocolate chopped
- 45 gm Butter
- 30 ml Tahini
- 15 gm Cocoa powder
- 5 gm Instant coffee powder
To make the crust:
In a food processor add the chocolate biscuits and blend until fine sand texture. Add the melted butter and blend again until well combined.
Tip this into your 9inch tart tin and press down.we want a nice edge of the biscuit as well, so use the back of a spoon to even that layer out. Place in the fridge to set while we get on with the filling.
To make the filling:
In a sauce pot heat the whipping cream until bubbling, stir in the coffee and cocoa powder. Pour this over the chopped chocolate and let it sit for a few minutes.
Slowly stir the mixture together, add the tahini, butter into the bowl and season with a pinch of salt. Pour into the tart tin cooled biscuit base and place in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
Whip some cream to soft peaks and once the top of the tart is a little firm, remove from the fridge un-mold the tin and dollop the whipped cream on top.
Drizzle with tahini and slice with a knife dipped into hot water. Serve.
- It is important to let the base set in the fridge/freezer for a few minutes before pouring the chocolate filling into it as the filling is warm and the biscuit crumb shouldn’t absorb it.
- Do not over mix the chocolate filling mixture as it might curdle, hence once the ingredients are smooth and combined, pour into the tin immediately.