This gluten free and plant based granola is one for keeps. Very simple but packed with all the goodness of chia seeds, oats, almonds, maple syrup, coconut sugar and cocoa powder.
Large mixing bowl
Small sauce pot
- 2 cups Rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Instant oats
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1/2 Almonds chopped
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 1/3 cup Coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Coconut sugar
- 1 tsp Coffee powder
- 1/3 cup Cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp Dark chocolate melted
Preheat the oven to 180℃, line a large cookie tray with baking paper and set aside.
In a small sauce pot on low heat add the maple syrup, coconut oil, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, coffee powder and stir together until smooth and combined.
In a large mixing bowl add the oats, almonds, chia seeds, vanilla, salt in a large mixing bowl and stir around. Pour the hot liquid mixture over the dry mixture and stir well. Use your hands if needed. Transfer to a lined baking tray and flatten it out.
Bake for 15 mins on one side. Remove from the oven and gently stir the granola around. Bake again for 10-12 mins until done.
Melt your dark chocolate and drizzle it over the top of the granola, gently mix around and place in the fridge to set. Remove from the tray once hardened, transfer to an air tight jar and serve as needed.
- Make sure to mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients well, all the oats should be coated with the liquid well.
- Spread out the mixture evenly on the baking tray before transferring to the oven, this helps it to bake evenly.
- You must stir the granola gently at least once through the baking process. This ensures it bakes well and stays crispy.
- The granola must be chilled in order for the chocolate to set.