The best burger recipe, made at home with perfect accompaniments. Fluffy potato buns, juicy beef and bacon patties, american slice cheese, lettuce, onions, tomatoes and a special burger sauce.
Heavy bottom frying pan
Bowl and spoon
- 500 gm Beef mince 80/20 ratio - 80 meat and 20 fat
- 100 gm Bacon finely chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- Oil for grilling
- 6 slices American slice cheese
- 6 slices Swiss slice cheese
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 2 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp Pickles chopped
- 1 tbsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Vinegar/Pickle juice
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
Start by prepping your sauce, mix all the ingredients in a bowl and once combined, set it in the fridge. Slice the potato buns and set aside.
We then prep all the sides, I slice the tomatoes and onions while I just tare the lettuce leaves apart quite rustically.
To make the burger patties, we mince the bacon until it is fine and mix the beef mince into it using our hands. There is no pretty way to do this so make sure the bacon is evenly distributed. Divide the meat into 4 balls and flatten it our using the palms of your hands.
Season each side with salt, pepper and a drizzle of oil. Heat up a heavy bottom frying pan and on medium heat add each burger patty to the hot pan. Cook for 2 mins on this side and flip it over - there should be a caramelized brown color on the meat. Add your cheese and cover with a lid. Cook for 2 mins and take them off the heat.
Once the patty are ready, its time to move fast, slather the burger sauce on the bottom of the potato bun, add lettuce, tomato, onion and the hot patty, cover the top with the other half of the potato bun.
Serve with more sauce, French fries and a cold beer/soda.
- When cooking your burger patties, the cooking time might vary depending on the size of the patties, the heat of the pan, the doneness required and the thickness of the beef as well. Hence make sure to cook each patty as per your liking and preference.
- Potato buns recipe is here.