Horchata is a simple refreshing drink made from rice, water,...Read More
Green Tea Cocktail
A fragrant green tea and vodka cocktail that is elegant and zesty with the addition of lemon grass and limes. Perfect celebration starter for the Lunar New Year.
I am a lover of green tea. I prefer having it hot but I have begun to enjoy iced green tea as well. I must be honest and mention that my tea bag consumption of green tea has drastically reduced after enjoying matcha. However there are times I do love to try new things and this Green tea Cocktail is the result of that.
The fact that Lunar New Year is up on us just happens to be coincidental as I didn’t plan the timing of this cocktail with it. Who am I kidding? I wanted to make a blasphemous cocktail using green tea and thought this would be the best time to endorse you to mix your tea and alcohol. Having said this, I like making the cocktail with less alcohol only because I don’t want to take away from the green tea, lime and lemongrass. I want them to be the highlight here.
You don’t need much to make this cocktail. I first muddled the limes, lemon grass, green tea and sugar. Then I added the vodka and muddled again. Added some ice into the shaker and kept shaking until the jar was cold. Poured it over a strainer into the cocktail glass and serve with a fresh slice of lime. I would also add a little lime zest on top because why not. I used a small coupe cocktail glass but honestly any elegant cocktail glass works fine.
This cocktail would be perfect with fish. Grilled salmon, baked sea bass, king fish or even shrimp, squid and scallops. You can serve it with dumplings, traditional dishes like Cheung fun and wontons (fried or steamed). It would also work well with recipes like chicken rice, Ramen and Pho.
Now that we have covered the basics of this recipe, let us make it. You can watch how I made it here. Happy Lunar New Year Ninjas!
Homemade Thandai From Scratch
Thandai is a traditional Indian drink made during the festival...Read More
Green Tea Cocktail
- Cocktail glasses
- 50 ml Vodka
- 30 ml Green tea cooled
- 15 ml Lime juice
- 1 tsp Lemon grass chopped
- 1 tbsp Lime chopped
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 5-6 Ice cubes
- Slice of lime
- Add the lemon grass, limes, sugar, green tea in a shaker and muddle it.
- Add the vodka and muddle again. Add the ice cubes and close the shaker.
- Shake the mixture vigorously until its cold on the outside. Pour into coupe cocktail glasses.
- Garnish with a slice of lime.
- You can use green tea bags or leaves to make the green tea. The tea doesn’t have to be fancy or strong. A decent green tea bag is fine.
- In place of sugar you could use palm sugar or honey.
- The lemon grass must be fresh in order for it to season the drink well.
- Sometimes I like to garnish it with a little Schiuan pepper for a bit of heat.
4 thoughts on “Green Tea Cocktail”
Pingback: Valentines Day Smoothie – Annika Eats
Pingback: Affogato – Annika Eats
Pingback: Mojito – Annika Eats
Pingback: Django Reinhardt – Annika Eats