Horchata is a simple refreshing drink made from rice, water,...Read More
Pumpkin Spice Latte
The best fall drink recipe you will ever need. Filled with pumpkin puree, salted caramel, maple syrup and whipped cream, this cafe style coffee drink will kickstart all the seasonal feelings with just one warm sip.
I have never been one to go to Starbucks and buy a Pumpkin spice latte. Maybe because I am not much of coffee drinker but it never appealed to me. So when I say this Salted Caramel Pumpkin Spice Latte is one of the best you will ever have, I am not lying as it will convert those who weren’t believers.
Reason I think this is the case is because, the pumpkin spice is home made, the pumpkin puree is also homemade and the salted caramel sauce is, well you guessed it, homemade. This makes for a very uniques and flavorful drink. Now it is a little heavy with the whipped cream and you don’t need to add, you could just add a milk foam on the top but I would recommend the cream as the warm latte and the cold cream balance each other out.
The spices cut the richness from the cream and the heaviness from the pumpkin puree while the salted caramel not only adds a layer of bittersweet flavor it is very delightful on the palate. You don’t need much to make this recipe but it is essential to have the components prepared before hand so the process is easier while making it. I used a strong espresso shot here but you can use a strong shot of instant coffee if you like. As for the whipping cream, I would recommend using the can as it is more sturdy, I whipped my cream and used it here.
I mean all these flavors scream fall/autumn but once you have a sip it will warm you up from inside and create a sense of cozy comfort with every sip. Now if you don’t have salted caramel at home you can buy a store bought jar (I will be posting my homemade salted caramel sauce recipe this week). As for the pumpkin spice, I posted a homemade recipe of my pumpkin spice blend but you can use store bought or just stick with cinnamon and nutmeg.
This drink goes well with tea cakes, muffins, cookies and pastries. I would serve it with a slice of quiche, a turkey sandwich or halloumi sandwich. This is a sweet coffee drink hence I would ideally serve this in the morning, at tea time or during movies under the blanket. It is an indulgent drink so ideally I wouldn’t serve it with something heavy.
Enough chat, you can watch how I made it here, let’s get stirring. Happy Drinking Ninjas!
Homemade Thandai From Scratch
Thandai is a traditional Indian drink made during the festival...Read More
Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Coffee mug
- 1 cup Milk hot
- 30 ml Coffee
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1/2 cup Whipped Cream
- 2 tbsp Salted Caramel Sauce
- Sprinkle of Pumpkin Spice
- In a mug add the pumpkin puree and salted caramel. Stir to combine.
- Add the maple syrup, vanilla and pumpkin spice, stir well.
- Add the coffee and stir again until combined.
- Pour in the milk and stir. You can serve it like this if you like.
- I like to top the mug with whipped cream, drizzle over more salted caramel sauce and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice.
- Once the latte is ready, before you add the whipped cream you can adjust the spice content. Add more pumpkin spice if you like.
- You can top the latte with milk foam instead of whipped cream. To make milk foam at home, you can use the hand held portable foaming machine or you can shake the milk in a bottle vigorously and pour over the mug immediately.
- You can use pumpkin puree from the can but I prefer homemade.
- For the whipped cream you can use the one from the cans which need to be shaken before using.
3 thoughts on “Pumpkin Spice Latte”
Pingback: Salted Caramel Sauce – Annika Eats
Pingback: Iced Mocha Latte – Annika Eats
Pingback: Poison Apple MArtini – Annika Eats