A rich French onion soup filled with sliced onions, garlic,...Read More
Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts
Doughnuts filled with pumpkin puree that are baked and dunked into a Bourbon Maple Glaze making for the perfect fall spiced doughnuts. With the addition of a little pumpkin spice it makes a for an easy and delicious dessert.
With the season of fall in full swing, we are knee deep in pumpkin everything. This recipe is not only simple but makes for cute little doughnuts that are baked instead of fried. You don’t miss the frying as they are more cakey and less doughy. Now, if you would tell me you aren’t a cake doughnut person, let these be the ones to turn you into a believer.
I absolutely love them as they are so easy to whip up and take a few minutes to bake. Which makes for a quick and easy dessert. The addition of fall flavors and spices makes for a seasonal bake that is perfect this time of year. I love to make a simple bourbon maple glaze that compliments the pumpkin doughnuts. You don’t need the bourbon here and could just use milk but its this that adds for a good balance between the maple and the icing sugar.
There are a few points that I think make these doughnuts even better, for instance you can use melted browned butter instead of oil or olive oil as well. I have made these with cinnamon powder on its own and it has tasted yummy! If you want a more intense caramelized flavor you can use dark brown sugar instead of light. Thinking about making them eggless? Use 30gm full fat yogurt instead of an egg.
I have used a few pumpkin seeds to garnish the glazed doughnuts. You can leave them as it is or a dusting of pumpkin spice is a good addition as well. Once they are baked I would recommend finishing them within a couple of days. Store them in an air tight container in the fridge so that they remain fresh.
With little time to waste I think its time we get straight to the recipe. Happy Baking Ninjas!
Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts
- Large mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Doughnut baking pan
- Wire rack
- 1 Egg
- 30 ml Oil
- 60 ml Milk
- 60 gm Brown sugar
- 80 gm Pumpkin puree
- 120 gm Flour
- 5 gm Baking powder
- 5 gm Baking soda
- 2.5 gm Pumpkin spice
- 5 ml Maple syrup
- 10 ml Bourbon
- 150 gm Icing sugar
- Pumpkin seeds roasted
- Preheat the oven to 180℃. Brush your doughnut tin with a little oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the wet ingredients and whisk until combined. Add the dry ingredients and fold until there are no lumps.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan and bake for 15 mins until risen and a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool down.
- To make the glaze, mix all the ingredients together until smooth and combined. If the mixture is too runny, add more icing sugar. If it is too dry add a little more bourbon. Keep whisking until it is smooth.
- Dunk the cooled doughnuts into the glaze and leave to set. Add the pumpkin seeds on top and serve.
- Do not over mix the doughnut batter. And use teaspoons to distribute the batter, this will avoid a mess.
- Let the doughnuts cool down completely before dunking into the glaze.