Mac & Cheese This cheesy treat is fit for a...
beautiful broccoli soup
1 ingredient wonder making every week day meal easier and nutritious. Using the entire vegetable aids for a zero waste dish but packed with tons of flavor.
A good soup is one of my favorite meals to have. Its on the go, great for reheating and stays well in the fridge. But it has to be packed with flavor. If there are any insipid tones to the soup it could go from being the highlight on a table to the worst option.
What is important while making soups is primarily seasoning. Second most important point to keep in mind while makin soup is, less is more. Don’t add evry single thing you see in sight, keeping it simple and focusing on the flavor on hand is the best route to go with.
Even though I say 1 ingredient I do like to add a few elements however this recipe works geat without them. The additinas I like to add are 2 cloves of garlic, olive oil, yogurt/coconut milk on top and some toasted nuts. If I am feeling ambitious I will go ahead and add a little leek/onion.
However I wont go any further as this is a simple recipe for a weeknight wonder. So don’t go crazy with the additions, keep it simple, easy, delicious and healthy. Happy Cooking!
Beautiful Broccoli Soup
- Strainer (optional)
- Serving bowl
- 1 Broccoli (large guy)
- 3 cups Water
- 1 tsp Dried herb (any you have)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Garlic cloves (whole)
- 3 tblsp Onions (roughly chopped)
- 2 tblsp Yogurt/Coconut milk (to drizzle)
- 1 tblsp Olive oil
- 3 tblsp Nuts (toasted)
- Roughly chop the Broccoli and boil in water until soft, this should take approximately 8-10 mins on high heat.
- Blend until smooth and pass through a strainer for a velvety finish, I personally like the fiber so I don’t strain it.
- If it seems too thin put it back on the stove once it is blended and cook the soup over low heat until thicker. If it seems too thick, add a little more water.
- Serve warm or even chilled.