Healthy and delicious quinoa salad filled with veggies, fruits and...Read More
Healthy Banana Muffins
Fluffy and delicious banana muffins packed with cinnamon, honey, peanut butter and chocolate chips. A simple recipe that is wholesome and nutritious snack or dessert.
This is one of those recipes that you need in your books. It is nutritious, simple to make and uses up over ripe bananas (which most of us always have on hand). These muffins are fluffy, delicious but all wholesome. We don’t need much to bring them together, ingredients or equipment wise. I have used chocolate chips ad walnuts here but you can use raisins or any other nuts you choose.
I don’t believe you need health recipes but I believe sometimes a delicious recipe just happens to be better for you and this is a clear example of that. It is packed with all the good stuff and just happens to be vegan and very yummy to make with a bunch of substitutes.
What ingredients do you need to make these Healthy Banana Muffins?
For the dry ingredients we need oat flour (oats blended into flour), flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon powder and flaxseeds. For the wet ingredients we need overripe bananas, yogurt, vanilla, honey and peanut butter. I have added dark chocolate chips into the batter too.
What substitutes can you use to make these Healthy Banana Muffins ?
I have used oat flour here which is oats blended into flour. You can use regular flour if you prefer.
If you want to make this recipe gluten free, make sure to use gluten free flour mix and gluten free oats as well.
You can use any yogurt you like, a dairy free yogurt works well too. I have made this recipe substituting yogurt for 2 eggs and it is yummy.
Peanut butter –
Any nut or seed butter works well in this recipe. I have made this recipe using almond butter as well. Check out my homemade peanut butter recipe here.
You can use date paste, maple syrup or agave syrup too.
Chocolate chips & Walnuts –
You can use raisins, almonds, white chocolate chips, pistachios etc. basically any add ins you prefer.
What equipment do you need to make these Healthy Banana Muffins?
We need a couple of mixing bowls, a whisk, muffin tray, cupcake paper liners and an ice cream scoop to portion the batter into the tray. Then muffins are baked in an oven.
How to make these Healthy Banana Muffins?
Preheat the oven to 180℃ Deg C and line a muffin tray with cupcake liners. In a small bowl, add the oat flour, flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, flaxseeds and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add the peeled bananas and mash with the whisk. Once it is a pulp, add the peanut butter, honey, yogurt, vanilla and whisk until smooth. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and and fold together. Using an ice cream scoop, divide the batter into 12 muffins. Bake for 18-20 mins. I would check them after 16 mins to see how much they are baked. Let them cool on a wire rack before serving.
Storing these Healthy Banana Muffins
They store well in ziplock bags in the fridge for 4-5 days. I love making these in the beginning of a week like Monday so I always have a yummy treat as a snack through the week or a quick breakfast on the go as well.
Now that we have covered how to make these Healthy Banana Muffins, you can have a look at the recipe video on my socials but let’s get to it. Don’t forget to follow along for more healthy recipe inspiration.
If you try this recipe out, don’t forget to share it with me on instagram so I can see how it turned out. I’d love nothing more than to chat with you on your cooking/baking.
Healthy Banana Muffins
- Mixing bowls
- Muffin Tray
- Cupcake liners
- Ice cream scoop
- 2 Large bananas over ripe
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 60 gm Yogurt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Oat flour check notes
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 tbsp Flaxseeds
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 cup Chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180℃ Deg C and line a muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, add the oat flour, flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, flaxseeds and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the peeled bananas and mash with the whisk. Once it is a pulp, add the peanut butter, honey, yogurt, vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and and fold together.
- Using an ice cream scoop, divide the batter into 12 muffins. Bake for 18-20 mins. I would check them after 16 mins to see how much they are baked.
- Let them cool on a wire rack before serving.
- Oat flour - blend your oats in a mixer until it is a fine powder and you have made yourself oat flour, store this in an air tight jar and it will keep for months as long as no moisture enters it.
- If you eat eggs you can use 1 egg in place of the yogurt.