A simple fizzy drink that is refreshing and delicious but...Read More
Pear Vanilla Fizz
A simple cocktail that is delicious, dessert worthy, refreshing and fizzy. With a yummy pear vanilla syrup that can be used on so many other recipes as well.
So this Pear vanilla syrup is the reason for the Pear Vanilla Fizz. I made the syrup with no intention of making this cocktail. Using the whole pear which is cooked with sugar, vanilla, almond extract and water. It makes for a rich syrup that is delicious on anything, including your salads. We make this syrup simply by boiling everything together until reduced, strain it gently and store it once cooled in a glass jars. The basic ratio is here, 1 large pear (chopped), 3 tbsp sugar, 1/2 vanilla bean, 1 drop almond extract and 1 cup water.
The cocktail itself is just the syrup, vodka, lime juice, ice and club soda or sparkling water. No shaker is needed here, everything is stirred together before the club soda is added to the drink. I like to rim the glass with a bit of salt and sugar but its not essential.
Now you could make this recipe with apples or apricots but autumn kicking in this recipe seemed fitting. Having said this, I have garnished the cocktail with a dehydrated pear slice, all I did was slice the pears through a mandolin and dehydrate them in the oven low and slow until crispy. I love adding ice to the cocktail but you can chill the vodka instead as well. Speaking of which you can use gin or white rum as well to make this.
Food Pairing –
This is a sweetish cocktail so I would recommend serving it with a cheeseboard, some spiced nuts, Kale quiche, Squash stilton quiche etc. Try going bold on the flavors to ensure a good balance of the sweetness with the drink and the food.
Now that we have covered how to make this Pear vanilla fizz, you can have a look at the recipe video below but let’s get to it.
If you try this recipe out, don’t forget to share it with me on instagram so I can see how it turned out. I’d love nothing more than to chat with you on your cooking/baking.
Homemade Thandai From Scratch
Thandai is a traditional Indian drink made during the festival...Read More
Pear Vanilla Fizz
- Serving glass
- 3 tbsp Pear vanilla syrup refer above for the recipe
- 45 ml Vodka
- 1 can Club soda
- 5 ml Lime juice
- Castor sugar
- Lime wedges
- Pear crips
- Wipe the rim of a tall serving glass with the lime wedge. Rim the glass into the salt and sugar mixture to get a sugared rim on the top of the glass.
- Add the pear syrup, vodka, lime juice and stir together. Add the ice and stir well.
- Pour over the club soda and garnish the pear crisp. Serve immediately.
- The Pear Vanilla Syrup: The basic ratio is here, 1 large pear (chopped), 3 tbsp sugar, 1/2 vanilla bean, 1 drop almond extract and 1 cup water. Let it come to a boil and reduce the heat to simmer it. Let the mixture reduce to half. Strain it gently through a fix mesh strainer and store once cooled in a glass jar.
1 thought on “Pear Vanilla Fizz”
Pingback: Spic – Annika Eats