These ginger molasses cookies are perfectly spiced, easy to make,...Read More
Chocolate Chunk Cookie Single Serve (V | GF)
A chewy and crispy chocolate chunk cookie that is plant based and gluten free. The perfect single serve cookie ready in less than 15 minutes.
I made this cookie under serious pressure of craving something delicious, quick and chocolatey. I didn’t have all purpose flour but half a bag of left over gluten free flour mix from a shoot. Hence I didn’t plan on making this cookie gluten free but it turned out absolutely delicious. You don’t need any fancy ingredients to make this recipe and we don’t even need to chill the dough. It comes together in under 15 mins from mixing to baking.
Single serve recipe pro tips:
- When you are making any single serve recipe make sure to measure it well.
- Also don’t be shy to scoop out the cup or spoon to ensure no amount is left behind in the measuring tools. Every ounce counts.
- Do not over cook/bake your recipe, when baking one item in an oven keep in mind the oven is hot and doesn’t get displace to many cookies. It only goes to one single cookie hence, the one doesn’t cool down but holds its temperature. Which means the cookie can get baked faster than you normally would bake an entire batch for. It is better to check it ahead of time.
- Let it cool on a wire rack, this cookie continues to cook in residual heat hence let it firm up while cooling down.
What ingredients do we need to make these Single Serve Chocolate Chunk Cookies?
For wet ingredients we need oil, vanilla, milk. I have used olive oil and almond milk in this recipe but coconut oil or any oil works, you could also so melted butter here. Any milk of your choice will work. For the dry ingredients we need gluten free flour mix (I use Bobs Red Mill), cornstarch, baking powder, brown sugar, salt and vegan chocolate chunks. I have used this vegan brown sugar but you can use date sugar, palm sugar or another plant based sugar. You could do chocolate chips as well. But chunks give you puddles once the cookie bakes.
What equipment do we need to make these Single Serve Chocolate Chunk Cookies?
We need a small mixing bowl, fork your hands to bring the dough together to form a ball. It is baked on a lined baking tray in an oven.
How to make these Single Serve Chocolate Chunk Cookies?
We start by adding the flour, salt , baking powder, cornstarch and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Stir to combine, add the oil, vanilla and chocolate chunks. Stir and add the almond milk. Mix well and using your hands form into a ball and transfer to a lined baking tray with baking paper. Bake in a preheated oven at 180℃ for 9-10 mins. Let it cool on the tray for a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire rack and cooling completely.
How to serve and store these Single Serve Chocolate Chunk Cookies?
You can serve this cookie with milk, coffee or on its own. I personally love having the cookie warm with vanilla ice cream. Once cookie is baked it will store well in an air tight container for 4 days at room temperature. Since it doesn’t take much time to make or bake I would recommend making this when needed and no to store it for too long.
Now that we have covered how to make these Single Serve Chocolate Chunk Cookies, you can have a look at the recipe video on my socials but let’s get to it. Don’t forget to follow along for more healthy recipe inspiration.
If you try this recipe out, don’t forget to share it with me on instagram so I can see how it turned out. I’d love nothing more than to chat with you on your cooking/baking.
Chocolate Chunk Cookies Single Serve (V | GF)
- Small mixing bowl
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
- 40 gm gluten free flour
- 10 gm corn starch
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp vegan brown sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp vegan dark chocolate chunks
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 180℃. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl add the flour, salt , baking powder, cornstarch and brown sugar and mix with a fork.
- Stir to combine, add the oil, vanilla and chocolate chunks.
- Stir and add the almond milk.
- Mix well and using your hands form into a ball and transfer to a lined baking tray with baking paper. Bake in the oven at 180℃ for 9-10 mins.
- Let it cool on the tray for a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire rack and cooling completely.
- Preheat the oven before you bake the cookie.
- Line the baking tray to ensure these cookie doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- The cookie will be soft to touch when you take it out of the oven but it will firm up slightly as it cools. If you want a more fudgy cookie bake it for 9 mins, if you want a firmer cookie bake it for 12 mins. I love it at 9 mins.