Chewy and chunky oatmeal chocolate cookies that are made in...Read More
Matcha cookie (Vegan) Single Serve
Chewy and soft matcha cookie that is ready in under 15 mins. Simple but delicious and perfect serving for one.
I am loving the single serve recipes lately and this recipe does not disappoint. Firstly, it happens to be green in color naturally and with St Patricks Day round the corner, it is a simple but comforting cookie recipe to kick start the celebration. Whether you like matcha as a flavor or not these cookies will hopefully tempt you to give them a go.
It is worth mentioning these cookies don’t have any additional oil or butter in them. We use tahini but you can use any nut butter you like. I stay away from peanut butter as it can be a bit strong in flavor and I don’t want to take away the matcha flavor at all. So the “fat” comes from the tahini instead. The recipe is easy to mix but even easier to bake and it all comes together in under 15 mins.
Pro Tips for the Perfect Single Serve Recipes:
- When making single serve recipes it is important to measure out all your ingredients accurately as it is a little amount of the every ingredient that cannot be discounted once baked.
- If the recipe calls for baking, preheat the oven before you start making the cookie. This will ensure it is warm enough before you start baking.
- Since you are baking a single cookie it might bake faster as the heat in the oven isn’t being distributed to many cookies on a tray.
- Always under bake the cookie as it will continue to bake as it cools down.
What ingredients do you need to make these Matcha cookie (Vegan) Single Serve?
To make this cookie we need tahini, milk, coconut sugar, matcha powder, vanilla, salt, baking powder, baking soda, flour, almond flour and granulated cane sugar.
What equipment do you need to make these Matcha cookie (Vegan) Single Serve?
To mix the cookie dough we need a mixing bowl and spatula. I divided the dough into two balls and baked them on a lined cookie tray.
What substitutes do you need to make these Matcha cookie (Vegan) Single Serve?
You can use almond butter or cashew butter. Jus make sure to warm it up in the microwave so it is runny.
I used almond milk but any plant based milk will work here.
Coconut sugar –
I have used date sugar, palm sugar and even cane sure here which works well. I would stay away from liquid sweeteners as it makes the cookie dough sticky.
Matcha powder –
The only matcha I use is Haiyatea. But you want a culinary grade matcha that not only meets you with flavor but also a vibrant green color once baked.
I have used all purpose flour here but you can use self-raising flour (avoid the baking powder and baking soda in that case), or cake flour to make these cookies. You can make these gluten free by using a gluten free flour mix.
Almond flour –
This is literally almond that are ground to a powder. It not only adds a chewy texture but adds a delicious flavor.
How to make these Matcha cookie (Vegan) Single Serve?
We start by adding the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and matcha powder in a small bowl. Mix it until combined. Add the tahini, milk and vanilla. Mix well to forma dough. Divide it into two balls, roll in granulated cane sugar and bake at 180℃ for 8-10 mins until puffed up and cracked. They will soft to touch once baked, which is what we want. Let them cool completely before serving.
Since this is a single serve recipe I don’t think you will have any leftovers but if you do have a cookie leftover you can store it in an air tight container for 2 day at room temperature. Serve them with milk or your favourite vegan vanilla ice cream as well.
Now that we have covered how to make this Single Serve Matcha cookie (Vegan), you can have a look at the recipe video on my socials but let’s get to it. Don’t forget to follow along for more fun recipe inspiration. If you are looking for more single serve recipe inspiration check out my single serve red velvet cookie recipe, Basque cheesecake for one and vegan and gluten free chocolate chunk cookie.
If you try this recipe out, don’t forget to share it with me on instagram so I can see how it turned out. I’d love nothing more than to chat with you on your cooking/baking. Happy Baking Ninjas!
Matcha cookie (Vegan) Single Serve
- Mixing bowl
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- 20 gm Flour
- 5 gm Almond flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Matcha powder
- 10 gm Coconut sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 15 gm Tahini
- 10 gm Almond milk
- 10 gm Granulate cane sugar for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 180℃ and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a small bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and matcha powder, stir to distribute evenly.
- Add the tahini, milk and vanilla. Mix well to form a dough.
- Divide it into two balls, roll in granulated cane sugar and bake at 180℃ for 8-10 mins until puffed up and cracked.
- They will soft to touch once baked, which is what we want. Let them cool completely before serving.
- Serve them with a dusting of powdered sugar or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Matcha woder linked here.