These vegan and gluten free treats are delicious and wholesome....Read More
Vanilla & Chocolate Marble Cookie Sticks (Day 11)
A vanilla and chocolate marble cookie that is drizzled with white and dark chocolate. Very simple and great way to use up left over sugar cookie dough.
Welcome to day 11 of my 12 Days Of Christmas Cookie Series. We are using up our leftovers and turning them into a makeover situation. These cookies came about as I had extra vanilla cookie dough and chocolate cookie dough from the 12 days series, hence I decided to make vanilla chocolate marble cookie sticks. Also, I don’t know about you but I always land up having more dough to bake with later. I usually wrap it in cling film and chuck it in the freezer so I have bake a fresh batch in a weeks time.
What ingredients do we need to make these Marble Cookie Sticks?
The cookie dough used to make this recipe is my no fuss Vanilla Spiced Sugar Cookie, it was the foundation recipe for day 1 of my 12 Days Of Christmas Cookie Recipes. We also need the chocolate cookie dough recipe from day 9. Both these cookie dough recipes are essential to make this recipe.
I like using melted white and dark chocolate to decorate the cookies once they are cooled. I drizzle it over the top, you could just marble it through the cookie buy adding the white and dark chocolate on a plate and dunking each cookie in the melted chocolate. Shake off the excess and let them dry.
What equipment do we need to make these Marble Cookie Sticks?
To make the dough we need to smash together the vanilla and chocolate cookie dough with our hands and briefly mix together on a clean work surface. Roll the dough out between two sheets of cling wrap using a rolling pin. I used a knife to cut out the sticks you can use a cookie cutter or any cutter you like. I use a flat spatula to transfer the dough to a baking tray lined with baking paper.
How to make these Marble Cookie Sticks?
Preheat the oven to 170 deg C. On a clean surface break up the pieces of vanilla and chocolate cookie dough. Smash them together to form a ball. Do not over knead the dough as we want a marble effect. If you over work the dough it will loose the marble effect. Roll the dough between two sheets of cling film until 1/4 inch thick. I like these cookies thicker than the others so it holds its shape once baked. Cut out sticks using a sharp knife and transfer each piece of cookie dough to the baking tray and bake for 10 mins. Let them cool and drizzle with melted white and dark chocolate. Let it set for a few minutes in the fridge and serve.
How to serve & store these Marble Cookie Sticks?
These cookies are yummy on its own but the melted white and dark chocolate definitely add flavor apart from the appearance looking very elegant. I like to serve these cookies with milk, coffee, tea or just have them on their own as well. Once the cookies have been baked and decorated with chocolate they should be stored in air tight containers. If you live in a humid and hot climate, store them in the fridge as the chocolate will melt, if not room temperature is fine. Alternatively you can store the cookie dough in the freezer, wrapped in cling film for upto 1 month. I wouldn’t recommend storing it longer as this is a leftover dough.
Pro tips for making the perfect Marble Cookie Sticks –
- Do not over mix the dough or else you will loose the marble effect.
- The dough must be chilled while rolling or else it will not hold its shape once baked.
- The dough must be rolled out 1/4 inch thick so that they don’t break once baked.
- Let the cookie cool completely on the baking tray before drizzling with melted white and dark chocolate.
Now that we have covered how to make these Marble Cookie Sticks, you can have a look at the recipe video on my socials but let’s get to it. Don’t forget to follow along for more holiday baking recipe inspiration.
If you try this recipe out, don’t forget to share it with me on instagram so I can see how it turned out. I’d love nothing more than to chat with you on your cooking/baking.
Marble Cookie Sticks (Day 11)
- Cling film
- Rolling Pin
- Baking paper
- Baking tray
- Flat spatula
- 1/2 Vanilla sugar cookie dough recipe day 1
- 1/2 Chocolate sugar cookie dough recipe day 9
- 30 gm White chocolate melted
- 30 gm Dark chocolate melted
- Preheat the oven to 170 deg C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- On a clean surface break up the pieces of vanilla and chocolate cookie dough. Smash them together to form a ball. Do not over knead the dough as we want a marble effect.
- Roll the dough between two sheets of cling film until 1/4 inch thick. I like these cookies thicker than the others so it holds its shape once baked. Cut out sticks using a sharp knife and transfer each piece of cookie dough to the baking tray, bake for 10 mins.
- Let them cool and drizzle with melted white and dark chocolate. Let it set for a few minutes in the fridge and serve.