Bone broth is a savory and rich drink that is...Read More
Smoky Green Goblin
A halloween inspired cocktail that is spooky but delicious. A simple drink made with rosemary syrup, matcha, vermouth and vodka. A little soda adds some fizz to the drink making it bubbly but smoky and very easy to make.
Halloween is upon us and thus cocktail has to be one of my new favorite drinks. I have used Haiyatea Matcha to make this beautiful recipe. It gets the green color from the matcha and has a smoky flavor because of the burnt rosemary twig. You could use fool color but that would change the entire flavor profile of the cocktail.
We need a simple rosemary sugar syrup that is made by boiling fresh rosemary with water and sugar until reduced. This gives the drink sweetness, and a delicious floral flavor that compliments the matcha. Once it is cooled down you can store it in glass jars for up to 3 weeks in the fridge. Use it in your syrups, desserts, over ice cream etc.
To smoke the cocktail we need fresh rosemary, burn it and let the smoke into the glass – by over turning the glass. To make the cocktail we bloom the match with the rosemary syrup. Pour it into a glass, add vermouth, vodka and ice. Stir and strain into a glass, top the glass with soda and garnish with a burnt rosemary twig. If you want to make this drink alcohol free, just leave out the vermouth and vodka.
Food pairing –
I would recommend serving this with some sushi, sandwiches or quiches. It is perfect to serve at brunch, serve it with some dessert such as vanilla pound cake, fresh fruit cakes and tarts. You can serve it with a bunch of halloween snacks like candy, pretzels, popcorn etc.
Looking for more Halloween inspiration check out my Poison Apple Martini, The Gravedigger Cocktail and Bloody Mary recipe. Now that we have covered how to make this Smoky Green Goblin, you can have a look at the recipe video on my socials but let’s get to it.
If you try this recipe out, don’t forget to share it with me on instagram so I can see how it turned out. I’d love nothing more than to chat with you on your cooking/baking.
Peanut Butter Jelly Finger Cookies
These cookies are the perfect halloween treat! The dough is...Read More
Smoky Green Goblin
- Cocktail glass
- Large cocktail glass
- Blow torch.
- Whisk (for matcha)
- Small blow (for matcha)
- 1 Rosemary sprig
- 3/4 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1/8 tsp Matcha powder
- 2 tsp Rosemary syrup
- 15 ml Vermouth
- 30 ml Vodka
- 15 ml Soda
- 4 Ice cubes
- In a small sauce pot add the rosemary syrup ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer until reduces by 1/4. The color will get darker. Take off the heat. Let it cool down. Set aside.
- Blow torch a rosemary sprig and invert the cocktail over it, let the smoke infuse into the glass.
- In a small bowl bloom the matcha with the rosemary syrup by whisking together until frothy. Pour into a large glass, add the vodka, vermouth, ice and stir around.
- Over turn the cocktail glass that’s been smoking, and pour the mixture through a strainer into the glass, top it with soda and the burnt rosemary. Serve chilled.
- You can make this non alcoholic by omitting the vodka and vermouth. Add more soda to the mixture.
- If you don’t have a blow torch you can burn he rosemary on the glass directly for the smoky effect.
1 thought on “Smoky Green Goblin”
Pingback: Deviled Eggs – Annika Eats